The rules of golf have changed.
Click the link below to see what the USGA has changed.
Pebble Creek did not enact the optional Local Rule: Alternative to Stroke and Distance, for the 2019 season. If you hit it out of bounds you need to retee.
The World Handicap System
A modern handicap system for all golfers everywhere
The World Handicap System (WHS) is ready to be launched from January 2020 and will provide golfers with a unified and more inclusive handicapping system for the first time.
Though many countries are planning to adopt the new system in January, the system will go live in other parts of the world throughout the year to accommodate different implementation plans and variations in the golfing calendar.
Developed by The R&A and USGA in close coordination with existing handicapping authorities, the WHS will provide all golfers with a consistent measure of playing ability, with handicaps calculated in the same way wherever they are in the world.
A key objective of the initiative was to develop a modern system, enabling as many golfers as possible to obtain and maintain a Handicap Index. Golfers will be able to transport their Handicap Index globally and compete or play a casual round with players from other regions on a fair basis. It will also indicate the score a golfer is reasonably capable of achieving the next time they go out to play.
• Flexibility in formats of play, allowing both competitive and recreational rounds to count for handicap purposes and ensuring that a golfer’s handicap is more reflective of potential ability
• A minimal number of scores needed to obtain a new handicap; a recommendation that the number of scores needed to obtain a new handicap be 54 holes from any combination of 18-hole and 9-hole rounds, but with some discretion available for national or regional associations to set a different minimum within their own jurisdiction
• A consistent handicap that is portable from course to course and country to country through worldwide use of the USGA Course and Slope Rating System, already successfully used in more than 80 countries
• An average-based calculation of a handicap, taken from the best eight out of the last 20 scores and factoring in memory of demonstrated ability for better responsiveness and control
• A calculation that considers the impact that abnormal course and weather conditions might have on a player’s performance each day
• Daily handicap revisions, taking account of the course and weather conditions calculation
• A limit of Net Double Bogey on the maximum hole score (for handicapping purposes only). Example: A Course Handicap of 18 receives one stroke per hole for 18 holes; the player’s max score is triple bogey on any hole, which equals a Net Double Bogey.
• A maximum handicap limit of 54.0, regardless of gender, to encourage more golfers to measure and track their performance to increase their enjoyment of the game
Leagues & Events Descriptions
Shop Game Results 2020
Weekend Results 2020
Classic & Individual Match Play 2020
Group Me Instructions
We are trying to modernize and create efficiencies with our communications effort and looks at a lot of apps this winter. We settled on Group Me as it has both an Android and IOS app and it allowed uses to customize how notifications work so stay away from mass texts. You will just have the app with a number that shows you have a new request.
How is it going to be used? Events are created and you can simply say if you are in or out. Saves of ton of phone call, emails, texts ect. There will be 3 lists.
1) Full mens’s club list – Can be used when we need to fill a spot in a group or event
2) Anytime league – Setting up groups to play. Swipe left, create and “event” on the Calendar asking everyone in the Anytime league is they can play at the time selected to get a group together. Idea is you can play with someone you may not normally have played with and click on any specialty links that apply below to join those groups.
To be included in 16 man click on this link
For Casual Match Play league
For anytime league
3) I plan on using it for 16 man so I have answers all in one area instead of chasing emails, texts, phone message, boards ect.
Each of these have a separate list so it would go only to the intended audience.
Setting up Group Me
Instead of us sending the link to you to download, we are going to have you set it up right with text (SMS) messages turned off.
1) Download the Group Me app from the apple store or google apps
2) Click on this link LInk: https://groupme.com/join_group/48475355/mfoHGUcq
3) Create your login and the app is ready
4) Turn notifications off by going into the app, clicking the three horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner. Click on Settings. Turn off Message delivery like shown below SMS is text message, make sure that is off if you don’t want to get texts when message get posted to GroupMe
Give it a chance to see if we can streamline communications.
If you run into issues or have questions just grab Lonnie Fluck, Derek Brunsberg or Mike Abrahamson
Shop Game Results 2018
Match Play Results 2018
- 9 Hole League thru 8-22-18
- 18 Hole League
- Senior League FINAL thru 8-29-18
- Classic Match Play Bracket A 8-6-18
- Classic Match Play Bracket B 8-6-18
- Individual Match Play Bracket A 8-6-18
- Individual Match Play Bracket B 8-6-18
- Individual Match Play Bracket C 8-6-18
Weekend Results 2018
- Spring Colors Results April 28th, 2018
- Easy as 1 2 3 Results May 5th, 2018
- Best 3 of 4 Results May 19th, 2018
- ABCD Scramble June 9th, 2018
- Men’s-Women’s Club Social Event July 7th, 2018
- Shipwreck July 21st, 2018
- Senior Club Championship July 28th and 29th, 2018
- Men’s Club Championship August 18th and 19th, 2018
MensLeague TOC Qualifiers 7-31-18
Shop Game Results 2019
Weekend Results 2019
- Easy as 1,2,3
- Individual Low Gross/Net
- ABCD Scramble
- 4 Tee Tournament
- Men’s/Women’s Club Social Event
- Men’s Club Championship
- Sr. Club Championship
- Black/Bronze Event
- Tournament of Champions
Match Play Brackets 2019