INDIVIDUAL MATCH PLAY RULES
1) To ensure there is no delay to the start of Round 1, the sign-up deadline is Wednesday May 4th at 8:00 PM, OR
when the field is full, whichever comes first. Players will be taken on a first come first service basis. Electronic
registration is encouraged and available on the men’s club website. Please register and pay for Match Play ASAP
and AFTER YOU ARE PAID, e-mail (PCmatchplay@gmail.com) with your name and registration date so you can be
added onto the appropriate bracket based on your handicap. YOU WILL NOT BE PUT ONTO THE BRACKET UNTIL
YOU ARE PAID. The final brackets will be posted by May 7th on the bulletin board and club page so Rd 1 matches
2) Entry fee is $20 per player with 100% ($40 ALA CARTE) payback. Depending on the number of players, the field will be divided
into even brackets based on handicaps. There may be random play-ins or byes selected to begin the season if
needed. The bracket is double elimination so you are guaranteed 2 rounds of play.
3) 100% of your Handicap will be used. The lowest handicap player is reduced to scratch; the opponent will
receive the difference on handicap holes according to the scorecard.
(Ex: in a 2 vs 6 match—the 2 handicap goes to 0, the 6 handicap would go to 4)
4) It is the players responsibility to fill out the scorecard on the day of the match – pre-printed cards will not be
available. Each player must use their GHIN app or the computer in the pro shop, to access that day’s index for the
tees they will be playing from. Print your (first and last) names and handicap clearly on the scorecard, note the
date played, and dot all handicap holes. Circle the match winner and put the completed scorecard in the envelope
in the pro shop before you leave.
5) In fairness to all golfers, it is each players duty to enter their score in GHIN after each match. Failure to enter
scores could result in board review and/or removal from the match play bracket. Its best to enter the scores
together after the match to help avoid any discrepancies.
6) It is also the player’s responsibility to reach out to and schedule matches with your opponent and set up your
own tee time. It is not the match play administrator’s duty to accommodate one player’s wishes over another in
scheduling matches. Everyone has an excuse, but in fairness to all players there will be ZERO extensions beyond
the posted deadline. If a match cannot be scheduled (for whatever reason) and neither player can play by the
deadline, both will forfeit the round. If only one player can play, they must play 10 holes on the deadline date, turn
in your scorecard and they will win the match.
7) Due to summer vacations and life in general, playing your matches ASAP each round and even ahead of
schedule is encouraged to avoid any forfeiting. Please email PCmatchplay@gmail.com with the results so brackets
can be updated and the next round matches can be scheduled promptly.
8) Players must play against each other in the same group. If a match cannot be completed on the same day
because of darkness or weather, the entire match must be played over.
9) The Match Play Champion and Runner-Up from each flight will both qualify for the Tournament of Champions.
10) Any questions or concerns text Aaron Olmscheid (336-266-3388) or email PCmatchplay@gmail.comNumber of places paid out will be based on the number of Players/Teams per flight:
– 1-7 Players/Teams pays 1 place 100%
– 8-12 Players/Teams pays 2 places; 1st place 60% & 2
nd place 40%
– 13-17 Players/Teams pays 3 places; 1st place 45%, 2nd place 30% & 3
rd place 25%
– 18-24 Players/Teams pays 4 places; 1st place 40%, 2nd place 25%, 3rd place 20% & 4
th place 15%